Dear Valued Patient
As you are aware, Tuesday 23rd November marks the opening of state borders and moving towards living with COVID-19 in our community.
During this time the wellbeing of you and our staff is paramount as we work together to provide the necessary support for our community.
We take this opportunity to provide you with an update on our local plan for ‘Living with COVID-19’ and how it will impact you as our patients.
We will be implementing a number of processes to effectively screen both patients and visitors that present to one of our clinics:
- Patients who have not received their COVID vaccinations will be offered a telehealth consult and if you need to be seen face to face, the doctor with discuss the options with you during the phone call.
- Patients who have received two doses of the vaccine with no COVID symptoms will be seen in a standard face to face consult. Please show proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status on arrival.
- All visitors attending an appointment with a patient must be vaccinated. Please show proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status on arrival.
- Each patient is limited to having one visitor attend their appointment with them and we requested that no children under the age of 12 years attend your appointment with you.
- For all patients, our clinic will record the vaccination status of the patient should we require this in the event of an outbreak, to understand exposure risk.
- Mandatory requirement for all patients and visitors who have travelled overseas or interstate (including essential workers) to provide evidence of a negative COVID-19 swab result that they have received within 72 hours of their appointment, PRIOR to attending any appointments.
- Any patients experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms arenot to attend the clinic and will be offered a telephone-consultation ONLY or reschedule to a later date once symptoms have resolved and a negative COVID-19 test result has been received.
- Surgical face masks are mandatory and are to be worn at all times whist at one of our consulting sites – no exemptions apply. The surgical face masks will be positioned out the front of the clinic for all patients to put on before entry (cloth masks must be changed).
Requests outside of these guidelines will be considered on a case by case basis and you will need to ring in advance on 8490 4950 to discuss the same.
Any changes to screening or testing protocol that is announced will be communicated with patients as soon as possible.
Advanced Orthopaedics Adelaide